Loreto Normanhurst is a Years 5-12 day and boarding school, with boarders from country NSW. The school has places available for families in need, offering bursaries to families in necessitous circumstances, including indigenous families.
Application for enrolment may be made at any time by contacting the Enrolments Manager. All applicants for enrolment at Loreto Normanhurst must be part of an interview process.
Our intake years are Year 5 for Primary School and Year 7 for Secondary School. The early submission of an application is encouraged as the enrolment process commences two years in advance of the requested year of entry. For enrolment into Year 7, the process begins when the student reaches the end of Year 4. For enrolment into Year 5, the process begins when the student reaches the end of Year 2.
Enrolment at the school is a simple process by following the points below.
How to apply to enrol
- Download the Application for Enrolment Form, complete and send to the Enrolments Manager together with the application fee.
- An acknowledgment of receipt of the application will be sent once the application fee of $330 is processed.
- Contact the Enrolments Manager if:
- You are interested in Boarding for any year level or year of entry
- You are enquiring about a day position for a non-intake year level (Years 8-11)
- You are interested in a day position for Year 5 or Year 7 and the enrolment process is complete (you are within the two-year cycle)
The enrolment process
- Prospective parents of our intake years (Years 5 and 7) are sent an enrolment pack in Term 4 when a student is in Year 2 (for consideration of entry into Year 5) or Year 4 (for consideration of entry into Year 7).
- All prospective parents will be invited to attend an Information Night at the start of Term 3, two years prior to requested year of entry (when the enrolment process has commenced).
- The interview process then takes place. Interviews are conducted by the members of the school’s Leadership Team.
- Upon completion of the interview process, offers of places are made, subject to availability, and at the discretion of the Principal.
- Parents will then be given the opportunity to accept the offer by payment of the non-refundable Enrolment Fee. Sibling discounts may apply.
Enrolment fee costs
A non-refundable registration fee of $330 is charged for each application for enrolment. A non-refundable fee of $3,000 is payable on acceptance of a place. This fee reduces to $2,000 when a sibling is attending the school at the time of enrolment. It further reduces to $1,000 when two siblings are attending the school at the time of enrolment.
Please note: Loreto Normanhurst is not registered to deliver courses to overseas students. Priority is given to country boarders, siblings and daughters of ex-students.
Enrolling during the school year
Subject to availability and following a family interview, Loreto Normanhurst may offer places to students wishing to enrol in Years 7-11 after commencement of any given school year. To enquire about enrolling your daughter , contact the Enrolments Manager. Your enquiry will be responded to shortly. Elective choices for older students will be discussed and clarified prior to confirmation of enrolment.
Loreto Normanhurst offers full time boarding with priority for boarding places given to applicants from more remote areas. From 2018, the school welcomed city-based boarders and introduced a flexible boarding model for all boarders. While full time boarding is still at the core of Loreto Normanhurst boarding, there is full flexibility on weekends. For country and city-based boarders alike, this means boarding all week with greater access to weekend time with family and friends.
To read the Enrolment Guidelines click here.
For further information about the enrolment process, please contact the Enrolments Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9473 7371.