Reception Room Restoration Project
To commemorate 120 years of Loreto education at Normanhurst the school is undertaking a restoration project of the Reception Room.
Since 1897 the Reception Room has been at the heart of Loreto Normanhurst – a special place with special memories for generations of Loreto Normanhurst families. The room echoes with the voices of the school’s very first students, of music, of friendships and 120 years on, cherished moments continue to be founded in the hearts and minds of our current students.
We have commissioned a heritage architect to ensure the restoration will reflect the original character of the room. The charter of work will include repair to the floor, the stained glass windows, the walls and architraves. New curtains, blinds and lighting will be fitted, all in keeping with the era. The estimated cost of the project is approximately $350,000.
My hope is that with financial assistance from our community we will restore the heritage-listed Reception Room in recognition and appreciation of the mission and commitment of the Loreto Sisters at Normanhurst over the last 120 years. I would very much value your financial support of this project which we aim to complete by October this year. Click here to view the scope of the work.
With your help we will ensure that the Reception Room continues to be a treasured space which truly reflects the history and tradition of Loreto Normanhurst.
With warm regards
Ms Marina Ugonotti
All donations over $2 to the Reception Room Restoration Project are fully tax deductible.
ONLINE GIVING NOW AVAILABLE
To give online is easy - no registration or login required:
1) Click on this link and you will be taken to the School EasyPay secure website, where you can make your donation to the Loreto Normanhurst Reception Room Restoration Project online via credit or debit card.
- Enter "Reception Room" in the Family ID / Debtor ID field.
- Enter your Full Name
- Enter your Daytime Contact Number
- Add your payment amount
- Complete your credit card details on the next screen
- Review details, confirm and pay
TO GIVE BY CHEQUE OR CREDIT CARD - BY POST:
2) Please make your cheque payable to Loreto Normanhurst.
3) Please address your envelope (no stamp required) to:
ATTN: Mrs Alicia Maunsell, Director of Development
Reply Paid 83941
NORMANHURST NSW 2076