Over 200 boarders from Year 7 to 12.
Explore Boarding (Years 7-12)
Who boards at Loreto Normanhurst?
The Boarding School welcomes students from the Sydney basin, country NSW, interstate, Australian expatriate families, and international families. Over 80% of boarders come from country NSW.
At the heart of Loreto Normanhurst boarding are relationships and an inclusive feel. Boarding is about a network of friends from around the state, nation, and world… it's about opportunity and investing in your daughter’s future.
Join one of our Boarding School Tours
Families will take part in a tour of the Boarding School led by a member of staff and then enjoy a guided tour of the Secondary School grounds and facilities.
Our Enrolments Team will meet you on arrival and will be on hand to answer any questions at the end of the tour.Book a Boarding School Tour
As a boarder from Sydney, I experienced the best of both worlds. Staying at school during the week where there was no daily travel time to and from school, school facilities were easily accessible, the routine was extremely beneficial, my friends were always around, and I was able to do many more extra-curricular activities due to the convenience.
I loved being a part of a community where the support and care each of the boarders have for one another creates a homely and tight-knit environment, one where I felt comfortable to reach my full potential and be who I am. Boarding at Loreto Normanhurst afforded me the chance to participate in numerous extra-curricular opportunities including sport, music and academic extension that I would not have had access to in my small rural community in western NSW.
It's never an easy decision to send your children to boarding school, but it's been the best decision for both our girls. Loreto Normanhurst is a wonderful, vibrant, friendly school and we would have no hesitation in recommending boarding at Loreto Normanhurst to other families. We have cherished our time as parents and members of the wider Loreto Normanhurst community and we are enormously proud of the young women our daughters have become.
Aims of Boarding
Our boarders add a unique dimension to our wonderful school and are an integral part of the Loreto Normanhurst community.
The Boarding School develops the girls’ growth and development by:
- Providing opportunities to participate in the expression of their faith.
- Providing a variety of experiences to encourage spiritual, physical, social, emotional, moral, and intellectual growth.
- Teaching them to live with and respect others.
- Encouraging them to acknowledge their gifts and talents and share them with others.
- Encouraging self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Providing an environment that allows them to feel safe and cared for.
To ensure the girls are secure in their values system and boundaries, the Boarding School aims to:
- Deepen their commitment to be a woman of understanding, tolerance, empathy, compassion, and resilience.
- Encourage personal responsibility, learning with practical guidance from study and academic supports.
- Create an environment where each boarder learns to value truth and respect for others.
- Encourage and establish high standards of organisation and good routines, punctuality, participation, and care for property and personal appearance.
- Develop leadership and the ability to work as a team.
- Build and foster community between boarders, staff, parents, and the wider Loreto Normanhurst community.