Our school is set in spacious grounds of over 25 acres, on the edge of bushland, and is a pleasant mix of historic and modern buildings, with beautiful ovals and a large sporting and aquatic complex.
Location, School Map and Parking
The school’s facilities, opened in 1897, incorporate the traditional, heritage buildings that house over 200 boarders, to our state-of-the-art facilities for Science and Agriculture and Integrated Learning. Other facilities of note include the Chapel, built in 1953, and the Library built in 2000.
Our ovals, tennis and basketball courts, gymnasium and Aquatic Centre with a 25 metre indoor swimming pool make up the superb facilities that support our day and boarding students.
Traffic Management Plan
Our Traffic Management Plan guides the flow of traffic in and around the Loreto Normanhurst school grounds and has the following benefits:
- Reduced congestion on local roads.
- More options for pick up and drop off.
- More parking onsite.
- Increase in the ease and safety in travelling to school.
Watch the video below for details on traffic flow at Loreto Normanhurst under our Traffic Management Plan.
We work very hard to monitor the flow of traffic and maintain traffic safety in the vicinity of the School. We share our boundaries with residents in Pennant Hills Road, Osborn Road and Mt Pleasant Avenue and need to be mindful with parking when visiting the School.
Visitor, Student and Staff Parking
- Visitors can access limited pre-arranged car spaces in the Main Reception Car Park. Parking in this car park will be rear to curb.
- Staff parking is in the Oval Car Park, the Primary School Car Park and the Tennis Court Car Park. This car park is accessed via the Link Road and is for staff only.
- Year 12 student parking is available in the Oval Car Park.
- Parking for the Aquatic Centre is in the Oval Car Park.
Evening and Weekends
Please use all internal car parks with the exception of the Boarding School car park which is used by Boarding staff on a 24/7 basis.
Families will be emailed instructions on where to park for each major event.
When parking in surrounding streets we ask that you remain considerate of our neighbours by ensuring you park legally, avoiding any obstruction of driveways, and strictly adhering to parking signs. It is illegal to park on the grass verge on Mount Pleasant Avenue and cars should park parallel to the road as per the parking signs.
When visiting the School after school hours, please use onsite school parking wherever possible.
Be advised that Hornsby Council Parking Rangers regularly monitor traffic in the surrounding streets.